Most recently, VMware was listed as a leader in the Gartner 2018 WAN Edge Infrastructure Magic Quadrant report. The report assessed a total of 20 program vendors, listed VMware as the leader in both executive and forward capabilities, and VMware was at the top of the list in the future planning dimension.
Traditional hardware-based network architecture can no longer meet the requirements of wide area networks and edge computing in order to meet the growing business needs of enterprises, The software-defined architecture has been put on the stage to provide users with flexible, flexible and easy-to-manage solutions. While meeting the existing needs of enterprises, it has also created a more potential WAN connection solution for future development. VMware acquired the industry’s leading provider of software definition wide area network solutions, the VeloCloud, in november 2017, renamed VMware NSX SD-WAN by VeloCloud ( The software definition network solution architecture of VMware is further improved by the short name VeloCloud. The VeloCloud solution was originally designed for network optimization of branch connections to data centers, but with the development of cloud computing, part of the enterprise computing has migrated to the public cloud, Part of the application also went to SaaS in the cloud, and VeloCloud quickly went from being a “best available” solution to a “must have” enterprise network infrastructure.VeloCloud connects resources in public and private clouds and affiliates to optimize access performance for enterprise applications.
Software-defined wide area networks redefine WAN, and SD-WAN not only provide better network connectivity, lower cost, and higher efficiency, More importantly, it allows users to embrace new technological innovations that were not supported by the WAN in the past. According to Gartner: “By the end of 2023, more than 90 % of the wide area network edge infrastructure will be based on virtual user – side devices vCPE – virtualized Customer Premises Equipment) The platform or software defines a wide area network (SD-WAN), which today is less than 40 per cent. “
VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud It will take advantage of its competitive advantage (cloud-based delivery architecture, marketing capabilities, large user base and Web service provider partnerships) to continue to protect its leading position in the forward-looking capacity and continue to move forward according to a clear vision. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud VMware will continue to be the leading SD-WAN platform for users and partners to prioritize, and VMware will maintain a distinction from competition by:
- In-depth collaboration with industry best program providers (e.g. Palo Alto Networks, Zscaler and Check Point) to develop a strong partner ecosystem;
- Work with network service providers (including AT&T, Vonage, Windstream) to deliver complete and flexible solutions;
- Announced a partnership with industry leader Microsoft to connect and protect a wide range of applications and data distributed in data centers, branches, and Azure cloud;
- Integrate with other VMware technologies, including NSX Data Center、NSX Cloud And EUC products, etc.
- To be the key to the vision of the VMware virtual cloud network, deliver a seamless and efficient network to connect all network components, clouds and nodes.
For more articles you can follow us on: